Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Food Traditions


My family does not really have any food traditions. We do the ususal American family stuff like turkey on thanksgiving. My family make great candied sweet potato pie. We make Christmas cookies in December, although they should really just change the name to holiday cookies because they have nothing to do with Christ. My family does love food though. There is food at every family event we have. In fact there is a lot of food at every family event we have. As far as religious food traditions go we have none. To my knowledge there are no Christian food traditions. If anything we should celebrate pass over with our Jewish brothers and sisters. I think the only tradition relating to food in Christianity is communion but that is just crackers and grape juice. Overall, my family does not have any food traditions we just appreciate food and look for any excuse to eat it in excessive amount. 

No comments:

Post a Comment